Use Dehydrated Eggplant for this delicious Eggplant Parmesan
Eggplant Parmesan is a family favorite especially in the fall when eggplant is plentiful. I like to slice some and dehydrate it to have on hand year round.
- 3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced. (If you are using dehydrated eggplant slices, Re-hydrate them for 1+ hours in water just enough to cover.)
- 1/3 Cup flour
- salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1-16 oz pkg mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 t dried basil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
If re-hydrating, remove your eggplant from the water. Dip into flour seasoned with salt and pepper
Dip in egg and then in seasoned bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 – 20minutes on each side or until browned
In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Add half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top
Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown
More Tips on using Dehydrated Eggplant: Eggplant dehydrates very well and also re-hydrates very well. Cook and use it just as you would fresh eggplant.
Add with other vegetables, Powder, re-hydrate and create a wonderful sauce.
Cube and add to soups or stews.